I'm just coming home from work. It really was not a bad night. I got a lot accomplished and the night seemed to move along nicely. But I worked with someone for whom I know had good intentions to keep good conversation or to just know how I was doing. But last night was not a good night to pursue that with me. I've heard in staff meetings that we are suppose to check our lives at the door, that life is to be left outside, and that work is work. Ya' know, sometimes, I'm just not very good at that, and I bring life to work. I know she meant well, but I could not ignore her enough.
I wonder...
I wonder how to disclose some without disclosing all...
I wonder how to tactfully say, I'm not willing to tell you anything...
I wonder how to engage in pleasant conversation when you really really don't want to...
I wonder how many times I've intruded upon others tough nights...
I wonder why people tell me what they do...
I wonder why my Associates Degree is in communication...
I wonder if there is any way to measure exhaustion...
4 comments:
When you find out...will you tell me...thanks.
I mean how to do that whole "light" communication thing, I just reread what I wrote and it seemed a bit ambiguous, uh, ya, I'm gonna shut up now, I obviously need more sleep.
Interesting. You've got to love working with only women.
The constant questions of "Are you pregnant? When are you going to have another one?" are my personal favorite.
You're way too nice, Melissa. You should have just said, "I'm pretty sure I didn't ask you to sort through all my dirty laundry, thanks."
Amber's right, these kinds of problems only occur when you work with a million chicks.
When I don't feel like talking, sometimes I bring up a hot topic that pushes people's buttons and then let them argue about it while I smile inwardly that the conversation moved on- it's evil, but it works. ;)
I hope you're hanging in there. I think about you every day. Thanks again for the stroller- we use it often, and if you come over, I'm sure Skeeter will give you ample licks-of-thanks for the walks he's been able to go on thanks to you. Lots of love and candy corns!
Post a Comment