Friday, October 10, 2008

As today wraps up...

Today really got rolling at 9AM. Trying to get everyone dressed, hair done, cleaned up and shoes found in time to get in the van and roll out for some shopping. We went to Lowe's to get a heater for the living room. There was a HUGE Lowe's associate there and Dylan could not quit talking to him. He kept laughing uncomfortably and looking at me, as I tried to drag Dylan away to pay for the heater. Next we went to the mall, in hopes of finding a good affordable coat for Dylan. No luck. Then to Target. No luck there either. But I did find a couple of long sleeve t-shirts to go with the wardrobe and under my scrubs. So on to never-failing Wal-Mart. Success!!! We found a great coat for him, and it was red (one of the current favorite colors.) He has had his previous one for a couple of the years, and last winter, chewed holes thru it. Taylor's still fits and Jared's still fits.

While in Walmart, the overhead intercom would come on and Jared would instantly and very loudly say "WHAT?" Of course I had to look around to see who was looking at us. As soon as the overhead announcement was done he'd shout "THANK YOU." What a pill!!!
I think we all did alright and had a good time. I learned a lot about Taylor teaching me about the finer points of traffic and trying to keep Jared awake as he (and Dylan and Taylor) ate then hurried off to Toddler Lab. We made it just in time and rolled back in the drive way about 2:30PM, being gone since 10AM.
I'd like to think we accomplished something today, plus 2 loads of dishes, being able to see all the counter top space in the kitchen, and making Lasagna for dinner. Oh did I mention that I've worked the last 2 nights and have gotten 2 hours of sleep in the last 36 hours !?!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

wow, you really are supermom aren't you? I hate those days, where it's just from one thing to the next! Fun. And you did it on 2 hours of sleep! Crazy mother nurses. I don't know how you do it. My secretary in YW is the same way. She works on the maternity unit and one time she didn't sleep for 3 days. Who knows how you do it???

Amber said...

You put me to shame. Thanks a lot.

And although he was shouting, take 2 points for Jared saying "thank you!"

J and Ris said...

You are one amazing mom! I'm feeling very weighed down due to 1 1/2 weeks of reading the Twilight books! Thanks for some great posts!