I just finished a round of three nights in a row, Thurs. Fri. & Sat. Then when I tried to go to bed last night, I just stared at the ceiling for a LONG TIME!!! Insomnia after sleep deprivation. (I hate it when that happens!!!) But one night while I was at work, I read my job description. We are supposed to read it, sign it, and turn it back in about once a year. I don't ever remember reading it before, because there were somethings in there, I'm pretty sure I would have remembered.
There were the basic things of the knowledge you're suppose to demonstrate and your requirements, meeting the needs of patient/family and staff. But I guess I'm also supposed to "treat staff, physicians, patients, and families with consideration and respect." Crap....So much for my behavior at work. Under Mathematical Skills: it states, Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. My first response was "WHAT!?!" quickly followed by a "I don't think I ever took trigonometry...."
It talked about tasting and smelling. Granted I smell different things as a part of work but I draw the line at tasting as part of my job. AUGH.... I think what got me the most was the following paragraph after Work Environment: it states, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be; exposed to infections and contagious diseases; exposed to hazardous anesthetic agents, body fluids and wastes; exposed to a variety of electrical or mechanical power equipment; exposed to odorous chemicals and specimens; subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases; subject to burns and cuts; occasionally exposed to radiation ; in contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances; handling emergency or crisis situations; subject to many interruptions; subject to irregular hours; required to make judgements/actions which could result in the death of a patient.
No Pressure, No Pressure, No pressure. No wonder why I can't sleep at night.
3 comments:
Wow, your job description says you have to taste stuff too, eh? I think I'd demand a pay raise for that one, cuz now you REALLY don't get paid enough!!
I laughed at the math section, that's what mine says too. It also talks about being able to lift at least 50 pounds, discern colors, and sit, stand, or walk for prolonged periods of time. I think they should have included run for prolonged periods of time, too! :) I have some Unisom if you want, I'm going to use it tonight!
Dear Melissa, I didn't know you were a fellow blogger! Sounds like things are pretty hectic at your house. Unlike you and Melody, I do not suffer from insomnia-thank heavens. I have the opposite problem. No matter how much sleep I get, I always want more and cannot keep my eyes open. We should all get together and split it evenly, don't you think?
Post a Comment