We went to the elementary school today to register the kids and find out who their teachers were going to be. Afterwards, we came home and I started to help Taylor clean her room. In no time at all she was talking about how "everyone is going to want to be my friend." I asked why everyone was going to want to be her friend. She looks at me with her hands on her hips and states (as though it were blatantly obvious) "Because I'm so generous!!!" I didn't even know that she knew the word generous. She's never used it before. (Sorry, I wanted to journal that one!)A couple of weeks ago we were in Wal-Mart and I was looking for permanent markers. Taylor kept asking "Mom, can I have this?" And I would say no. "Well, mom can I have that?" And I would say no. "Maybe, can I have something else?" And I said no. Then she got really upset.
She folded her arms, put out her bottom lip and said (rather loudly) "Well then I'm never going to ask for anything ever again!!!" (Inside, I'm thinking "Yes, VICTORY!!) When I hear the lady down the aisle looking at dry erase markers, begin laughing. This was no small chuckle, this was full out from the bottom of your toes, I need a tissue, laughing. When she had composed herself a little, she walked up to me and said, "You're a good mom." That really made me feel good. A complete stranger thought I was a good mom. I don't think I will forget that for a long time.
1 comment:
That is too cute. You are a good mom!
Post a Comment