Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Journaling a memory

I think it was a week ago today, as the story is told to me, that this took place....

Taylor:Daddy, come play with me.

Dad:No, I'm watching the Olympics.

Taylor:Please, I want to play football.

Dad:Not right now.

Taylor:Daddy, why won't you come and play with me?

Dad:Because I'm lazy.

Taylor:What's lazy?

Dad:Lazy means I don't want to do anything. I am lazy.


Fast forward a couple of days to Sunday morning as we are getting ready for church.


Taylor:Dad, why aren't you getting ready for church?

Dad:Because I don't want to go.

Taylor:Oh, you're being lousy?

(Long pause as internal laughter erupts within Jeff and myself.)

Dad:Taylor, I think the word your looking for is lazy, not lousy.

Taylor:Oh yeah, that's right, lousy and lazy.


(What would I laugh at without my kids!?!)

1 comment:

Melody said...

That's too cute! I'm being lousy today too! :)