Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I've got trouble, hey hey hey hey.....

Where did I leave off...? Oh yes, venting on the computers at the University Guest House Inn, just a block from Primary Children's. We got up Tuesday morning and went to have our complimentary breakfast. While we were doing that, the hotel maintenance man luckily retrieved my keys from them falling down the elevator shaft the night before (no worries mom, it worked out alright!!!) By the end of breakfast, I was already tired. Dylan was on a tirade and it was only a small glimpse of coming attractions. We loaded the van, checked out and went up to Primary Children's to check on our friend and neighbor who had checked in the night before. Jared and developed a cough the night before and Dylan was still all over the place so my mom took Taylor in to check on them. After that, we quickly ran down to West Jordan and found the office to Dr. Joseph Humphrey's at the Pediatric Solutions Center. He is a natruopath with his MD. I've heard great things about him and so while we were down there anyway we decided to give him a try. He was very thorough and went thru pretty much everything. During the exam, Dylan 'escaped' and locked himself in anothers office. He eventually let us in although it was not easy. If nothing else, this new doctor got to see Dylan in all glory and mischievousness. So initially we are trying Vitamin C to increase a protein in his brain, melatonin to help Dylan sleep at night (YEAH!!!), and diflucan to decrease some of the excessive yeast in Dylan's system. He also ordered an extensive blood work-up (we drew 7 tubes of blood today). We'll have the results in about a week or two. I'll let you know.

After Dr. Humphrey's, we got back on I-15 and went to Layton. We first stopped at the Super Target to start our back to school shopping. We really got a lot done there!!! Taylor had the summer long anticipated moment of picking out her backpack. I explained that if she chose one there that she could not get another one somewhere else. She chose a blue Tinkerbell backpack(probably just because it came with a wand) which easily beat out the Dora Explorer on wheels. Well we went to get in line to pay for our new treasures. Dylan begins singing, which by itself is not all that unusual. But he starts singing, "I've got trouble, I've got trouble, I've got trouble, hey hey hey hey....." It took me a minute and then I realized that the kids had been watching "The Little Rascals" in the van during our travels. There is a cute little part in there where Buckwheat was singing.."I've got a dollar, I've got a dollar, I've got a dollar, hey hey hey hey.."




I looked at my mom, explained what he was singing, where it came from, then we both started laughing. The cashier couldn't help herself either. We all had a good laugh and Dylan was more than pleased to be able to make us laugh. We then continued to the Layton Hills Mall to look around some, find more treasures, before we could grab a bite to eat and jump in the van and head for home. I really wished I had a pair of handcuffs for Dylan. It became a game all day for him to see how far away he could get from mom, how fast he could run and whether or not mom would come for him. He was ruthless to Taylor and so loud in the stores. He would pull from me, and pull from me until I just let go, he'd fall and then howl and scream like I was beating him. I got the look that I just loathe so many times as I felt judgement being passed upon me, while other moms looked at me, wondering why I wouldn't discipline my child. Of course they didn't know what we've been thru in the last 3 years, let a lone the previous 36 hours. I just hate that look.
We got home about 9PM and I was so thankful when they all went to bed so easily. I woke up this morning (Wed.) with a headache and with that, began the day by dreading it. I let the kids go out and play in hopes of them expending some of the cabin fever we may have obtained during our travel time. It didn't take long before the neighbor came over to explain that Dylan had pushed their 3 yr. old into the ditch and that he was not welcome any more. So I kept him in the house all day as 'punishment' for what he had done. I felt so bad and was quite embarrassed, very much on the verge of tears, but held it in because Dylan had people coming over for some of his appointments. Although it was meant to be his punishment, I feel that he was not the only who paid the price....
We did lunch, quiet time, then took him up to the hospital for the before mentioned blood work. Three people and 20 minutes later, we were done there.
Anyway, today is done and for some reason I'm finding it difficult to go to bed, tomorrow will be here soon enough.

No comments: