Wednesday, August 20, 2008

THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.......


August 20, 2008 started out earlier than most of the days that we've seen during the summer but not of the last week. (I haven't been able to sleep very well...) We started off our morning by starting with pancakes. I'm sure my family was shocked, after a summer of cold cereal. Taylor got off to a better start than what we were thinking she would. She suffered a trying 30 minutes of anxiety last night. But after A LOT of reassurance from dad, she calmed down. They all went to bed really well. Dylan got up, as though there had been no summer. We had our pancakes then quickly moved on to the new clothes and backpacks before doing hair and of course taking a couple of pix.

These pictures turned out better than I had hoped. The wind was blowing (imagine that!!) and they were so excited. I love having pictures that demonstrate the anticipation of school to show that someday, it was something to revel in. I really like the second picture. I hope that these two can always hold hands as they head into new adventures together.
I dropped Jared off with my mom so that I could go to school with Taylor for her first day of school open house. It only lasts an hours and familiarizes the kids with the basics before the full fledged routine begins tomorrow.
After Taylor's open house, I ran to pick up Jared to take him to the doctor. He had awoken to a bloody ear that had streamed down his face and left remnants on his pillow. He had tubes put in back in Feb. and I just wanted to make sure that everything was alright. As it turns out, there was too much dried up blood to see in his ear very well. We were given some drops and made an appointment to return on Monday.
We came home and did an early quiet time because Jared and a physical therapy evaluation at 3 PM. He is very pigeon toed and I wanted to check into it. As it turns out, he is A LOT more flexible than the normal kid. He also has flat feet which didn't seem to be a big concern because kids don't gain their arch until they are 6 years old. Chances are that he will not qualify for physical therapy but hopefully we will learn some tricks to help him.
Dylan came home in the middle of this eval. and when we went to do some homework we quickly got this as a result:
Dylan has been very big on naps and now that he goes to school for a full day, this is no surprise to us. During the summer we had him to the point where we could just keep going and going. But today we had to stop to do homework. The poor kid....I'm not sure how this is going to work out over the next couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Such a cute pic of the two of them heading off to school together! I love that Taylor's backpack is almost as big as she is!

Tiffany said...

Well, my kids first day was exciting! I didn't cry! How was yours?? Poor Jared! I hope that everything goes well today at his appt. Your kids are so cute!