Monday, April 6, 2009

General Conference


Last Thursday morning, Jeff received an unexpected phone call, extending an invitation for a pair of tickets for the Sunday afternoon session of General Conference...if we were interested. Of course we were interested!!! So Sunday morning, (after having worked the previous four nights) I went home and got ready. After dropping the kids off with my parents, Jeff and I were on the road. I slept (of course) for about 2 - 2 1/2 hrs. We found a great parking place and headed in. We were a little early but got the hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir practicing in between sessions. We've been to the Conference Center only one other time and it was just to look around. We thought we had pretty good tickets and we really had an enjoyable time. It was so awesome to stand altogether when the First Presidency walked in and listening to the choir gave me chills all down my back. I've never heard them in person before. It was well worth the loss of any sleep that was sacrificed. Afterward, we got in the van and came back home.


Even though I've been to Salt Lake many times with less than pleasant experiences with Dylan, I still really enjoy that city. Sometimes I joke that I could drive there in my sleep, but don't worry....Jeff drove the whole time, there and back. I really appreciated that experience.

2 comments:

Melody said...

I was thinking about you Sunday afternoon- I'm glad you made it ok and that it was so nice!

Amber said...

Awesome, good for you guys! I'm the same, I've only been to the conference center on a tour and I've never heard MoTab in person. Maybe one day.