Thursday, December 18, 2008

The passing of someone special...




On Saturday December 6, Jeff's grandmother, Mildred Wright Davis Hellstrom Wall passed away.


So we headed south to Utah on Wed. the 10th. Jeff's sister Teri works at a nearby hotel and got us a fantastic rate (THANKS A TON TERI!!!) So between that and our much improved gas prices we were able to go without much problem. We went to the viewing Wed. night and I brought the kids back to the hotel early, along with their cousin Caleb to go swimming. Many thanks to Caleb. He was a life saver for me and Dylan became attached with him quite quickly.


Dylan and Caleb in a silly moment

The funeral was Thursday morning and it was really a fantastic tribute to someone who has done so much for her family. Jeff and I were the recipients of much from her especially when we first got married. She was SO generous and we know that she taught her children to be the same way!!!


Her Legacy

Stacy, Millie (Jeff's Mom), Brent, & Dorthy



Jeff said the closing prayer (and did a great job considering the closing song was a tear-jerker) and was a pall-bearer.

Jeff and his dad, Dwayne


Jeff and his sister, Staci



Taylor with Aunt Staci


Jeff and his Aunt Dorthy

After the luncheon and much persuasion, We went to see the lights on Temple Square on our way home Thursday evening. For me there is just nothing like it. Temple Square by itself is wonderful but with tens of thousands of lights, its even more special.


Jared, trying to understand what we were doing in the cold.


WOW... I just LOVE it!!!

4 comments:

Melody said...

That last picture is the wallpaper on my cell phone now! I'm glad things went well and that you're all home safe. I'm back to work in just 9 days!

Pokeyann said...

Sorry to hear about Jeff's grandma, sending internet hugs! Loved the picture of the Temple lights...so beautiful.

Tiffany said...

Sorry to hear about Jeff's grandmother passing. It is hard. I don't look forward to the day I get that phone call. I am still lucky enough to have all my grandparents with me. It looks like you made the best of the trip. I hope you guys have a great Christmas!!

Lexi said...

So sorry to hear about Jeff's grandmother's passing. I loved the pictures from Temple Square in Salt Lake...always brings the Christmas spirit and I didn't get there this year. Thanks for sharing this with me so I felt in some small way that I had been there. Have a wonderful Christmas!