It was a year ago today that we moved into our home. We've been here one year. In some ways it doesn't seem like we've done enough with in the last year. But we have been thankful to do what we have done.
I think it was about 14 years ago today I was in a car accident, a truly defining incident in my life. In high school I worked at Wendy's and would not get home till very late, (or early depending how you look at it.) I called my mom to tell her that I was on my way home, just like every other time I left work. Well, on my way home I hit a patch of black ice and went off the road, catching a bridge over a ditch just right. It flipped the car upside down and somehow slid underneath the bridge/road. You could not see the car from the road. We estimated with time that I must have been unconscious for some time. I remember waking up (having worn my seat belt) hanging upside down, the radio was still playing and I could smell gasoline. I somehow crawled out of the passenger side doors window, climbed up out of the ditch and started to walk home. I had a concussion, scrapes and some beautiful bruises. This accident was not defining by itself, but it coupled with an accident a month later was un-nerving. A month later only a mile from my accident was a accident in which 5 kids were killed. I knew most all of them. Between a classmate at school and co-workers at Wendy's, there was too much of a connection for me. I attended 5 viewings and 3 funerals in 5 days. No one should ever have to do that.
Its really interesting to remember personal history.
1 comment:
holy moly! No fun at all! You must have felt really blessed that you were ok. I'm glad you were ok! And congrats on the 1 year anniversary of your home!
Cute pictures of Thanksgiving too! What cute kiddos you have! I'll have to make sure I show that picture of Jeff to Codey, because Codey does those silly faces too anytime a camera is pointed at him!
Post a Comment