I've worked for the last two night and they have been truly helacious nights. A good average for a night is 2-3 deliveries. Well Tues. night we had 5 and last night we had 7. We completely filled up and had to post phone the C-Section we were supposed to do this morning. Our post-partum unit holds 12 patients, our labor unit can hold 9 patients and for the first time in history (since we got our post-partum unit in April 2007) we had to move some our post-partum mom's to the Med/Surg floor. To say that it was crazy would be grossly understated!!! But I remember at one point asking my co-workers "What's the difference between tonight and Hell?" I think their response was that there was no difference but I had to differ. I explained that the difference was the people that were working together. We could have a team with weaker, less willing to participate people.....THAT would have been Hell.
I have fantastic co-workers!!!
3 comments:
I agree that we have a pretty freakin' sweet staff. And I have a terrible confession...I'm glad I missed that night! I can't believe we're overflowing to MedSurg, they haven't got the room to spare! Oh well, guess we'll have to start diverting to Idaho Falls. ;)
Well, it's finally happened...we've been at the bursting point for a while! WHY can't people have forseen that? Glad you guys survived!!
Wow! I wonder who got to be lucky enough to take care of those moms on med/surg! I don't miss those crazy days and yes, you guys do have an amazing crew. I miss all of you so much!
Post a Comment