Dylan and I left yesterday, bound for SLC. I had worked the three previous nights before and had gotten my four hours of sleep in as we packed in the van and left. We left Taylor and Jared with my parents for a sleep over. And although the A/C in the van is not working and the average for the trip was 87 degrees, the decapitated deer on the side of the road on the Malad Pass was gruesome, and Dylan was crying about being stuck in jail forever, we made it to SLC fairly unscathed. I noticed that my phone quit working on the trip down and despite all the time I've spent in communication with Verizon, it is still unfunctional. Thus, if you have attempted a call or a text and I have not replied, please do not be offended. I'm just hating my phone right now.
When we woke up this morning, we called Primary Children's to find out we had been bumped to a 2 PM admission time. And although I thought about how we could have stayed at home one more night, it turned out to be quite good. We went and spent a couple of hours on Temple Square. I think it was really good for the both of us to be out in the sun and fresh air on a beautiful day, because it won't happen again for awhile.
When we woke up this morning, we called Primary Children's to find out we had been bumped to a 2 PM admission time. And although I thought about how we could have stayed at home one more night, it turned out to be quite good. We went and spent a couple of hours on Temple Square. I think it was really good for the both of us to be out in the sun and fresh air on a beautiful day, because it won't happen again for awhile.
Dylan in front of the big man...
A mother/son shot.
Dylan on the second floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. He loved the 'softy' railing.
How often do you get a picture like this!?!
His order for this long term EEG is for 6-8 days with an MRI to follow when he is done. So I am sure we are going to have a GREAT week at resort PCMC. I sooo appreciate everyones concern, love and support. There are not words to describe what it means when others care about you and your family.
So stay tuned. With no phone, the Internet is my connection to you all. I'm Face booking a ton, perhaps too much. I hope ya'll are patient with me, and
THANK YOU
again.
7 comments:
Hi Melissa:
Thank you for sending the update about Dillon. It sounds like you will be there for a while. We are trying to have Taylor over a few times this week. Kaitlyn is so excited to play with her. We weren't able to make contact with Jeff yesterday. We will try again today.
Is there anything we can do to help you or your family? We are thinking of and praying for you. We hope all will go well down in Salt Lake.
We love you.
The Searcy's
good luck, we'll be thinking about you!
Good Luck! Codey is working his last night tonight. So I will tell him if he is not too busy to try to find you. You are welcome to come to dinner Thursday night or even spend the night if you would like. Our door is open! Give us a call! 801-755-7786
Oh, man. I'm literally in tears right now because I have been there done that PCMC "resort." NOT NEARLY as many times as you but I know how hard it is. I will be thinking of you this week. Sirri would love to have Taylor over as well. I'll give her a call.
Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Glad you got admitted all right, I've been wondering and thinking about you both! Hang in there, both of you, and tell Dylan we think he's awesome and a tough fighter. Just like his mom.
Love love love!
Oh my goodness you have no phone! how I am suppose to help keep you sane! seriously! I hope that you can get on the internet every second! I think that the Lord knew you needed that time at Temple square! Remember everything happens for a reason! Love ya tons we will stay in touch
I hate that you are gone and I hate that Dillon is stuck in PCMC. We both wish he was home jumping on my trampoline and running around looking for something to do. We so have to do lunch as soon as we can. I love you and miss you terribly. Hurry back!! Oh, and kiss the kiddo and tell him I love him so much.
Post a Comment