Thursday, March 5, 2009

A little TOO much

As I wrap up today, I look back at the crazy day that it was. As I do, I can't help but wonder:


A) Was I like that as a kid?


B) Are my kids really that hungry for attention?


C) If I will ever be less paranoid...


D) What awful thing did I ever do to have a two year old like Jared!?!


Don't get me wrong...I love my kids to pieces. But today was a little much. A little toomuch Parmesan cheese Jared DUMPED on his spaghetti, a little too much red crayon Jared put up and down the hallway wall, (note to self: I need more magic erasers!!) a little too much mascara that Jared smeared all over his face, and neck, and arms, and each finger, a little too much popcorn that Jared threw all over the living room (that Taylor then picked up and decided it would be better with water in it).......But hey, today is over. Does that mean I get to do it all again tomorrow!?!

Dylan has had a headache off and on since Sunday. But yesterday he also gained a fever (around 102.6). He is eating alright, and only complains that his 'head, tummy, and tongue are sick.' It really is so much fun to try to interpret that!!! Dylan can be a riddle.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

We love those days dont we? My kids climb in the dryer too. =) I hope you day is better today! Hang in there! You're an amazing mom!

Pokeyann said...

Uh, ya did you not see my post about the crying while cleaning up mess after mess after mess...I'm not much of a cryer, but a two year old can undo me. I'm told it gets better, so uh, here's hoping! Poor Dylan caught the tongue sickness, oh no! What to do, what to do. Ya, good luck with figuring that out ;). And no kids can never get enough attention. never. ever. ever. Or so I feel like with my one who demands every ounce of mine. Wow, this really isn't the most uplifting comment, sorry, I feel ya girl, oh how I feel ya! (p.s. do not smack the grandma lady who tells you to enjoy every second because you will miss it someday, her brain is addled from her two year old years ago)

Melody said...

Oh, I love pop quizzes! Here:

A) No, you were never a boy. Boys and girls are a little different. ;)

B) It's not your kids, it's all kids. "Mom! Look at me! MOM!" I still do that.

C) No, but you'll be paranoid about different things!

D) You didn't do anything wrong!You made the choice to have kids, and like we all do you saw other people's kids and thought to yourself, "My kids will never be like that." I have decided to start telling myself they WILL be like that, and it's ok.

Sometimes it feels like it's not so much good days and bad days as it is hard days and worse days. Hang on, though! My sister always tells me that we weren't told it would be easy, we were only told it would be worth it. I believe it. Hope things are going better today, and I hope Dylan's head, tummy and tongue are all feeling better! Now I have a screaming 5 month-old to attend to. :) Love love love!

Amber said...

Gotta hate the tongue sickness, it's no fun.

And how boring would our lives be with no 2 yr. olds to keep us entertained? We'd all be sane, but bored out of our minds.

Steph said...

I think blogs really help relieve stress. I know when I write something down that wasn't funny at the time seems to be funny after I write it down. Sorry your day wasn't funny at the time, but reading it made me laugh (and hopefully you to). Thanks for the laugh!!

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with days like that...don't worry, they'll be three soon!