Who knows what can be unleashed when I come to post on my blog...
Last Thursday, Jeff and I had tickets to go see the Bar J Wranglers, a popular local attraction just outside Jackson, WY. They were coming to Rigby and never having seen them and always wanting to, I got us tickets. Well Thursday came and I was all set, I had the babysitters lined up and everything was ready to go, except Dylan that is.
I took Dylan to speech like we do every Thursday except this was waayy different. We walked in and I saw a side of Dylan I had NEVER seen before. He began yelling and screaming hysterically, he folded his pouty arms and rolled up into the fetal position. Matt, his speech therapist that Dylan usually loves and adores, came out to see what was wrong. Matt told Dylan that if he wanted to Dylan could knock on the door and they could start speech whenever Dylan was ready. Well, Dylan didn't move, fingers in ears, fetal position, did not move. Until a moment later, Dylan leaped out of the chair, went to Matt's door, threw the door open, and SCREAMED at Matt. (I was deaf for a few minutes after that.) Well....knowing that speech was really not going to happen, I somehow got Dylan back out to the van and we rolled away. I knew that I could not leave Dylan with a babysitter, no matter how good they were. I called Jeff and told him to find someone else to go with, called the sitters and cancelled with them.
I've had a hunch for awhile that he might have autism, what I've seen in the last two weeks really has me questioning it. So he has an appointment for an evaluation on November 25th, which really CANNOT come soon enough. It seems like everyday we have reports from school of him spitting or scratching someone or some other tough behavior. Dylan is really an affectionate kid who just seems to be in between a rock and a hard spot right now. My heart aches for my little boy and I don't feel like I'm doing enough for him.
He pediatric neurologist called me yesterday with his EEG results. (Tell me if you understand this...) Dylan didn't have any seizures while we were there, but has the potential to have seizures. (WHAT!?!) He can't put Dylan on any meds because nothing is definitive, but he might be seizing when we don't know it. WOW, that was worth it. And for some reason, we are taking a 'wait and see' approach. Whatever.....
We also learned yesterday that Jared will need another set of tubes in his ears because his right one is not working and is fairly deaf on the right side. His adenoids will also be taken out in case they are what is causing blockage.
I guess that about sums it up for us.....
5 comments:
oh my!! that is all i can really say. hope things get better. i work tonight and wed and friday do you!!?
So he can possibly have seizures. Wow, super helpful! Glad you were able to clear that up.
Good luck with both your boys!
You seriously never have it easy, Melissa! I hope that everything works out and goes smoothly. I'm sorry you had to miss the Bar J Wranglers. Remember that if you have to come back to Primarys, you are welcome at our home anytime....even if you just want a home cooked meal. =)
Wait and see? Wait for proof of what we already know...? *sigh* Hopefully you'll get some answers at the evaluation. And Melissa, you're a great Mom. You do a wonderful job with your munchkins, and they are lucky to have you for a mom! Just like I'm lucky to have you for a friend!
Sending you big internet HUGS!
Post a Comment