Friday, September 5, 2008

Just because

Its been awhile since I've been able to vent in my favorite venting method, (involving a drive to IF) and I look at this blog as my number one journaling method. (I'm trying to find a way that perhaps I could have this blog published into a book, and do that every year as my journal.) And so in turn I have not done any other journal for quite some time. I have to work tonight and tomorrow night, then again Tues. Wed. & Thurs. nights so I take this opportunity (while I'm semi-coherent) to blog, catch up and vent as need be.
I love the idea of the blog. You can vent and send out your vibes into cyberspace, hoping that someone will read what you have to say(or not) and there is still a sense of release, yet knowing that you haven't intruded upon anyone else's time or taking away from their life. I can say what I feel like I need to say, to help let go of things and if you read it, great!! Its a really good feeling in knowing that someone cares enough to check in on me. If you don't read it, great!! I feel good in knowing that I haven't wasted your time, or unloaded upon you anything you really didn't want to know in the first place.

Dylan had a rough start to school. He fell asleep in class on the first day, and got into a 'confrontation' in which he got a bloody lip and scratch on the scar above his ear(yes, first day also). He has had homework every day, and we've only had one or two days that he hasn't finished. He is gotten into a better groove with routine. His blood work is back from 4 weeks ago. As a whole everything is good. I won't bore you with the little details, but we are going to try adding a protein that he is deficient in and see if that helps him. No big change with melatonin, maybe we will up it soon.
Taylor has hit school off and running. She seems to like her class and talks of how she plays with cousin Braxton who is not in her class but its good to know that she has someone to play with. She has a really good grasp of the basics and although she says "I can't" she really can. This week she wants to be an astronaut when she grows up and asks Jeff and I what we want to be when we grow up. Taylor, we still don't know.
Jared's fingers are healing nicely. I took him to see the doctor on Wed. because his newly injured finger would not stop bleeding. But of course when we went to see Dr. Prince, it had stopped bleeding. He gave us some vaseline gauze (I love that stuff) so that the bandage would not stick to the wound. Understandably, he doesn't use his left hand so trying to watch him do things with just one hand can be funny. Thank goodness he is right handed, so its not too much of a stretch.

Jeff has seen a bit of increase at work for the last two weeks, thank goodness. He usually has a guys night out with a friend, but they haven't been out for a couple of weeks. I think we are all getting in the routine of new schedules.

I think you are pretty up to date on me. I share a ton of things with you fairly often. I'm still working on my house, the usual chores as well as changing a few things. Paint, window coverings, new things on the wall, that sort of thing. Keeping up with the kids and sensing the need to get some things done as the feeling of fall begins to set in. General Conference will be here within a month (YAHOO!!!) then it really will be fall.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Glad to hear the new schedules are getting easier.

Love the new family pictures, by the way, so cute!

Tiffany said...

We do care about you! I love to read about other peoples venting. It makes me feel good knowing that I'm not the only one with a rough day here and there. I love the update. You word it all so well. Give Jareds little fingers kisses for me! =)

Melody said...

It's good to hear things are settling into a routine, that makes life a little easier sometimes! Good luck with your house projects- and that made me laugh about conference, because I totally feel the same way! It's not really fall until we have conference.

Monica said...

Thanks for all your support, its nice to know that you actually know how I feel!!!