Brady Howell was a rare kid. In high school, he was 'popular' but didn't act it, talented, but didn't flaunt it, and smart, but didn't publish it. He was the student body president. We ran track together. I'll never forget the time, we came back from a track meet to see two wheels of his car leaning up against the school. We laughed so hard at the prank and had a memorable time trying to get it back onto the parking lot. We were in "Our Town". He was the narrator and I had a minor part, but he had a knack for making sure no one felt minor.I remember when Brady got married, I was working as a DJ at a dance at then Ricks College. He and his new bride, Liz, asked for a special song and the ballroom floor was parted as college kids in jeans and t-shirts made way for him in his tux and her in her gown. I'll never forget that night.
Seven years ago today, Brady wrapped up his mission in life, fulfilling a lifelong dream, serving at the Pentagon. Brady lived a life always to be remembered, a fantastic example of service, the importance of a dream and leaving the lesson of never knowing when your time will come to an end. May all those who mourn today feel peace, comfort, and a happy remembrance of their memories. I miss you Brady.
2 comments:
thanks for sharing. i almost starting to cry when i was driving home from work and see all the flags.
That was very sweet. Thanks for sharing with us! This is going to be a hard to for everyone for years and years to come, I think, but there's always the gospel that takes away the sting.
Post a Comment