Friday night, Jeff and I went out on a date to see Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband. We had a great time. They were extremely talented, comical and just plain amazing. We really hope to catch one of their shows again. Jeff's favorite song was "Dream Big." They also played some of their new stuff and a silly sing-a-long called "Corndog." (Also a big hit with Jeff!!!) They played Dylan's favorite, which is "Banjo Boy" and for their encore they played a 15 minute incredible show of talent of "The devil went down to Georgia." It was just really fantastic.
Taylor came up with a conjunction a couple of weeks ago that I just cannot get over. We will be talking as we are in a disagreement, and she will stop and say, "No I amn't" which granted can sound really bad but it is just so funny!! Her mouth just gets going so fast that it takes A LOT of concerted effort for her to slow down and say "NO....I....am....not...."So instead she just says "No I amn't."
Saturday evening is one of the best evenings we have had as a family for a long time. We didn't go do anything special, we didn't spend any money, there were no fights, no yelling, nothing significant other than it was a very nice evening. I was out in the yard picking up things, like hoses, sprinklers, putting away bikes not usually used, and other misc. things. Jeff came and helped me and we moved the treadmill to where it needed to go. We just started talking and before too long, Jeff had gotten the four wheeler out and had started to give the kids a ride one at a time. Then he gave me a ride. Of course to top it off, he had to pull some wheelie's before he put it away. I'm not sure what made it so great, put it was momentous for us and wanted to journal a good time.
Good times seem hard to come by sometimes. Like before yesterday, I could not tell you the last time Jeff had come to church with me. But yesterday he did, and then he came with me to my parents for Sunday dinner. (Again, no fighting or tension, it was so nice!!!) Not just one miracle, but two. You may think I'm over exaggerating things, but that is truly how I feel. A couple of good days in a row. I hate to say anything for fear of jinxing myself, but I need to journal good things too, to remember that they do happen.
5 comments:
Yay! for good days.
Glad you all had a great day as a family. By the way, did I mention how adorable the pics of your kids are?? The main one with them all holding hands probably makes you so proud to be a mom!
i love little moments like those, makes you realize that life is good and can always be good!
You're so right- the significant memories that you really want to hang on to are the ones where there's just peace and smiles and nothing remarkable...just being a little family together. Yay for small miracles!
Melissa- What a cute little family you have. I love the opening picture of your kids. I love the days when nothing too eventful happens, but it is such a good day because everyone's happy. I'm adding you to my blog list if that's alright, that way we can keep in touch!
Post a Comment