Friday, June 10, 2011

Taylor's Baptism

Taylor and her Uncle Matt (my baby brother) can sometimes look like this (notice that scowl on her face...they've been arguing...)


But on Saturday June 4th, they looked like this (before her baptism)

And this (after her confirmation)


This was the pretty white dress she picked out after trying quite a few on


Her Dad and G-Ma Saupe were able to come from Utah to see this special occasion.
And her Great G-Pa Phillips
It was a very special day. She was so excited to get baptized. She woke up at 5AM and could not go back to sleep. Her Uncle Matt baptized her. He did really well, her foot ALMOST came up, but didn't break the surface. Her G-Pa Thurber gave her the gift of the Holy Ghost. (To learn more, click here.) She was really happy and had a very special day.One thing I've done with Dylan and now Taylor, was to take them up to the Temple just after their baptism, to take pictures in hopes of teaching the importance of the Temple being the next step in ordinances.
Here is Taylor in her white dress. I took this picture to help her remember this special day and to remind her of her next white dress. Congratulations Taylor!!! I'm so proud of you making the decision to be baptized for your enthusiasm for doing what is right!!!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love the idea of taking them to the temple afterwards! Dang! Why didn't I think of that?! You are an awesome mom! Congrats Taylor on the first best decision in your life!

Amber said...

I'm so glad it was a great day! And that is a fantastic idea about going to the temple after! You're a genius!

Cheris said...

What a wonderful idea. I would have never thought to take them to the temple after. I think we will include that as a tradition in our home.

I'm so glad you had a great day!! She looks beautiful in her dress!!

Lloyd Family said...

I like your idea to take them to the temple for some pictures after. She looks beautiful.

Melody said...

What a sweet, special day. I love the idea too, and I loooove that picture of her outside the temple, she will always treasure that. I miss you, Melissa!

amanda said...

i love that you take her to the temple afterwards. your a great mommy. congrats taylor.