Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend...

Memorial Day Weekend in Idaho was like it was traditionally....cold, windy, overcast, dark and WET. Also true to form, I had to work. When I got home at 7 AM Saturday morning, I took a quick nap. I set my alarm on my phone because I didn't want to miss what I needed to do. I got up at 11 and picked up the kids from my parents. We went to visit two cemeteries. First we visited the one in town, and then we went to the one out to Parker. This is where a good share of my more immediate family is. My grandma Phillips, who just passed in February, is there. Her headstone was placed there just a couple of weeks ago.

I took pictures and decided to put them online for those of you who are unable to see it.

Yes...9 kids
Luckily Sunday night, I was on call and I was able to sleep. So when Monday came around, we tried to go play. We went to Target and got the boys some sandals, Taylor some capri's and everyone some shorts. Then we ran thru the drive-thru at Burger King then took our goods to the equal access playground at Tautphaus Park. We sat in the sun, (yes there FINALLY was some Monday around 1PM) and ate. Then they played for over an hour. It was busy, but they had a GREAT time. There was a family there, that was playing tag...and Dylan couldn't help but be drawn into it also.

We finally made our way home in time for me to change and get ready for work. It was so fun to play, and a great start to our summer. I hope that we have a great summer and are able to play hard, as long as we can.

2 comments:

Stacey Jensen said...

I love you so much. LOVE the photos. We were busy cleaning up the yard and doing gardening so I didn't make it to any of the cemetaries. Probably a good thing or I would have just stood there and bawled the entire time. You are amazing. Love your guts.

J and Ris said...

We finally got our garden planted that day! We made it up Rexburg way that night for a dinner with my grandparents! We really need to come and play with you sometime soon. We're so close! I'll have to get in touch with you soon. Are you going to Marquels baptism this Saturday?