Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring...

I've noticed this last week, that despite how long the snow has been here...and how it still snows on occasion, my tulips are starting to peek their leaves up thru the ground. I don't know about anyone else, but I am not a fan of the snow. I always think it stays too long. I know that before too long, I will be complaining about how hot it is.
I soo appreciate spring. I remember how every year around spring, I had forgotten the year before the importance of renewal around this time of year. It is a lesson learned every year...that spring is a time for everything to be anew; the baby chicks, the cute little bunnies, trees trying to show there new work, and tulip buds showing up thru the hard and sometimes frozen ground.
For me, that is what I am counting on.
This is a new additiong to my home. To me, bamboo represents strength, slow and steady growth and resilience.
A summary of bamboo:
When the storm comes, the bamboo bends with the wind. When the storm ceases, it resumes its upright position. Its ability to cope with adversity and still stand firmly without losing its original ground is truly inspirational.
I hope someday, the same could be said for me...

It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

So, the great test of life is to see whether we will hearken to and obey God’s commands in the midst of the storms of life. It is not to endure storms, but to choose the right while they rage. And the tragedy of life is to fail in that test and so fail to qualify to return in glory to our heavenly home.
Thank you Henry B. Eyring...

2 comments:

Melody said...

That's a beautiful quote. Spring is such a perfect time to reflect on a fresh start!

Amber said...

Hm, I think I better go get me some bamboo, what a good reminder!

And can I say how excited I am for Spring?! I'll take it, allergies and all, for a chance to get all of us out of this house!!