Monday, November 30, 2009

The 2009 Christmas Tree


As is tradition at our house, we put up the Christmas Tree on the first Family Home Evening after Thanksgiving. This year was the easiest year yet. We had bought a tree for 50% off in a post-Christmas sale last year. So this was our first year putting it up. Its prelit (YAY!!!) and that was DEVINE ! ! ! ! ! It was the one thing that received the most water damage when our water pipes burst a couple of weeks ago. So as I got it out and it was still so molded and wet, I was afraid that it wouldn't work. But we put it together and plugged it in and it worked like a charm. It does still smell a little moldy, but I have a 'Pine' scented candle that takes care of that.
Jared was so excited about his Christmas Tree. He just kept repeating that over and over, "Look at my Twismas Twee."
He was quite annoyed by the fur on the santa hat.
Every picture I took with Taylor was like this. A beaming smile and little bit of a pose. She is such a doll ! ! ! ! !
All Dylan wants for Christmas is his two front teeth, although I'm pretty sure he'll have most of one of them by that big day. His birthday is Dec. 22 and he is trying to make sure that I know what he wants for Christmas and what he wants for his birthday and that I better not get it mixed up. Thanks Dylan...I'll try to keep it straight ! ! ! !

9 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

I just LOVE Taylor. She always looks like that. So happy and sweet. I'm so glad she and Sirri are friends.

Your tree looks beautiful!

Unknown said...

oh that tree looks great and your kids are adorable! i am gonna have to come over and look at it!

J and Ris said...

Your kids are so dang cute! Your tree looks good and I love how you got a pic of each kid in the santa hat! Great idea! I can't believe how big your kids are getting!

Melody said...

Cute pictures! I am debating whether to invest in a prelit tree this year- I think I'm convinced now.

jaci said...

kelsi and dylan share the same problem-and i have the problem of it gets kinda expensive to have birthday and christmas together =)

We love to: said...

Those pictures are great. The tree looks magnificent, I also love how you got a picture of each of your kids in the hat, too cute, great idea. Taylor is so cute all poses and everything. And i have the same problem as Dylan with my birthday being on the 20th. i have always had to make sure that everyone understands they are two seperate events, I want two different sets of presents. Lol and I like my birthday presents wrapped in birthday paper instead of christmas paper. I'm gonna try really hard not to have a child born in December or around the holidays if I can help it.

We love to: said...

Oh i love your profile background and your music by the way. How do you get a thing to play music put on your blog?

amanda said...

what a pretty tree, the kids look so cute.

Tiffany said...

Such cute kids! glad your tree still works! Hope you have a great Christmas! I didn't know Dylan's birthday was on the 22nd. So is Peyton's. I don't like it! Have a good one! I like the idea of putting a Santa hat on them and taking a picture. Do you do that every year. That would be fun to put them all together after a few years and see how they've changed.