Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Three Little Peeps

Well...summer was great while it lasted, but like everything else, 'All good things must come to an end'. We are back into the swing of things with school, trying to achieve routine amidst the chaos of life.



A couple of weeks ago, (8-17-09) at my mom's request, I took the kids up to a wheat field (where they also happened to be cutting at the time) and grabbed a couple of pictures of my three little peeps. Its really interesting to look at their pictures of them now and of a year ago and see how much they have changed and grown.


Dylan is 7 years old and just started 2nd grade. His teacher is Mrs. Cureton and his full-time personal aide is Miss Deicy (YEAAAA...this is an answer to prayer!!!!) Dylan had Miss Deicy for an aide in kindergarten. I'm so thankful to have her as his aide again. His week-long EEG in SLC turned out to be rather pointless. The report states that where was no significant findings, other than there were abnormal waves in the part of his brain for which there is a surgical history. He still attends speech therapy twice a week, and gets caught up on single ideas for weeks at a time. I really CANNOT believe that he will be 8 in December...YIKES!!!






Taylor is 6 years old and just started 1st grade. Her teacher is Mrs. Olsen and she is loving going to school all day. She is counting and reading like a champ, much better than what she gives herself credit for, (at least she doesn't say she CAN'T do it anymore). She of course is a very motherly figure to both of her brothers, and really catches on to more than what I give her credit for.

Jared is 3 years old and is the most interesting character of a three year old that I remember having. All of them have had their moments of being trying, but I don't remember them being anything like him. Jared is in the pre-school at the elementary school with Miss JoAnn as his teacher. He goes on the bus in the morning with the big kids, and rides home on the bus with the kindergarten kids. He goes two days a week and loves it.
They are all adjusting well despite the changing dynamics in our home. I love them all dearly and I learn so much from each of them. May it all continue!!!

8 comments:

Tyson and Emily said...

Very cute little peeps!

amanda said...

those are some cute pictures of your kids.

Amber said...

LOVE the new pictures! Nice work!!

Unknown said...

Those pictures are adorable melissa!

Melody said...

What priceless pictures! You couldn't have asked for a better backdrop- or cuter kids for that matter. Hope you're well, we're thinking about you all the time. Ribbit ribbit!

Unknown said...

what a good place to take pics! they are so cute!

Monica said...

I love the ones of Taylor hidden except for her top half, so cute!

We love to: said...

These pictures are sure cute! Ya know, I'm not even sure if i have even met your kids before. Well the idea of taking pictures in that field worked out great, good thinking!