On a recent trip taking Dylan to speech therapy, Taylor and I began a conversation of what we should get Daddy for his upcoming birthday...
Me: Do you have any ideas what we can get Dad for his birthday, can you think of anything he might need?
Taylor: Hmmmm, (long pause) I know! We can get him a job for his birthday.
Me: I'm not sure I can do that Taylor.
Taylor: You're right, that won't fit in the van. Maybe just a table saw, he really wants a table saw.
Dylan and I on Monday...
Dylan (with a handheld mirror): Mom...look at the mirror. What do you see?
Me: I just see me Dylan, that's all.
Dylan: Mom (sounding so disappointed) you have BAD hair....
(I guess I need good hair....)
Taylor (Monday evening):Mom, do you think I was born to be a cheerleader!?!
Me: (taking half a moment to catch my surprise) No Taylor, I think you were born for a lot more than that.
What can you say!?!
3 comments:
hahaha, I can totally understand your surprise at the cheerleader comment. If I ever have a daughter, and she wants to be a cheerleader, I will cry and cry and wonder where I went wrong in raising her. (Um, no offense to anyone that WAS a cheerleader....)
I was just telling Ty how fun it has been now that Kaden is talking tons more. Maybe I should take that back. I want him to keep the bad hair comments to himself. hahaha
I miss you guys, but as of now I am totally enjoying being home with the kids.
Way to think big, Taylor! I mean about the job- cheerleading remains to be seen.
You have to be pretty good at thinking on your feet with kids- I don't know if I'm ready for that yet! :)
Post a Comment